April 30, 2013

April 2013 Favorites

With April coming to a close I thought I would share some of my favorite things. These are items I've been reaching for over and over again and a few are oldies but goodies! I know it's cliche, but this month has really flown by. Probably because Zoe is now walking and I have a hard time keeping up with her. By the way, I'm really glad she waited until she was super steady to start walking. We haven't had any crash and burn or face plant situations and I'm thankful for that.


1) Lemon Pellegrino- I recently rediscovered this at Whole Foods (they have it at Kroger too). Other than coffee and a tiny glass of orange juice in the morning all I drink is water. So this is a good way to switch things up! If you like sparkling water and lemon you will LOVE this stuff.

2) Burt's Bees Lip Gloss- This is a new product and I already have two shades: Ocean Sunrise (a golden pink) and Nearly Dusk (shimmery mauve). These have a great consistency (not too sticky) and a sheer color. They are great for layering over tinted lip balm. You can find Burt's Bees products at Kroger, CVS, or Target.

3) L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Tinted Self Tanning Lotion- I have used a different version (Gelee) of this before but this was all my local Kroger had. I must say I love it though. I like that it is tinted so you can see where you have and have not applied it. It dries really quickly too. It is really dark so pay attention to which skin tone it's best for or it will look unnaturally dark. Obviously I love this because its like a tan in a bottle. Wrinkles and skin cancer are so gross so if you're still using a tanning bed- stop! They sell this stuff everywhere.

4) Gud Body Wash in Floral Cherrynova- I found this by accident. I was completely out of body wash so while I was at the grocery store I stopped by the organic beauty section. I was smelling all of the products (like you don't do that too?) and this one smelled soooo good in the bottle. It smells just as good in the shower. This product can be found at Kroger or Target.

5) Gud Body Lotion in Floral Cherrynova- I had to get the lotion too. I'm still on the hunt for the body mist and you better believe I'm getting the shampoo and conditioner when I run out my current ones. This can also be found at Kroger or Target.

6) Boo Boo Bling- I don't know what it is but I have burned myself not once but twice this month! First on the iron and then on the curling iron. I guess that is what I get for using a curling iron in 2013. Normally, I don't use a bandage. I like to let burns or cuts air out. But both burns were in areas that would get irritated easily so I had to use one. These little blingy stickers go over a bandage to dress it up a bit! Like I said, I don't normally use bandages so its not like I'm always walking around with body bling every day but these sure do bring a smile to my face. Here is their website.

7) Octopus Ring- My mom actually got this for me at Nordstrom! It was only about $15 but I constantly get compliments on it. I think it's just fab for dressing up an outfit. Zoe loves playing with it too. It's no longer on the Nordsrtom website but I found something similar on Amazon.

8) Boogie Wipes in Grape- I'm a mom so a kid-related item was bound to pop up in my list. These things are great for, you know, boogies! I have tried all the scents and the grape is the best smelling to me. The ones in the green package give me a headache. I always have these in Zoe's room and in my diaper bag. I get mine at Target but I've also found them at Kroger and Babies R Us.

9) eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm in Strawberry Parfait- I started using this stuff when it first came out. I had the shave cream, body lotion, hand lotion, and lip balm and I got weird looks from people. I personally LOVE eos products but for some reason everyone else is really irritated by their packaging. Anyways, this flavor is phenomenal! It has earned a spot on my nightstand as well as my purse (pretty high honors for a clear lip balm). It's great for using at night, before applying lipstick or lipgloss and just for touch ups during the day. These were hard to find way back when they came out but I see them everywhere now- CVS, Ulta, Target, Walgreens, Walmart, etc.

So those are my favorites! What have you been reaching for all month long?


4 comments:

  1. Well my new favorite lip stain is Revlon Just Bitten Lip Balm Stain in any color. They are just the right amount of color with a sheer shine and cool mint flavor that feels refreshing on the lips. I also love Dr. Bonner's Organic Peppermint Castile Bar Soap. It smells good and doesn't dry out your skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I haven't tried the Revlon ones. They sound like the Pixi ones. I love Dr. Bronner's too! I take a travel sized liquid soap on trips for washing Zoe's sippy cups. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jessica! I've been enjoying your blog. :) Thanks for recommending the gud products--I've been hunting for a good, more natural shampoo/conditioner combo to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stephi! Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying it. :) No problem on the gud. All of the scents smell amazing!

      Delete