April 26, 2013

OOTD: Friday + Target Mini Haul + Naps, or Lack Thereof


I have been struggling with getting Zoe back on schedule since Monday and today she is REALLY back on track! Yesterday I did not get much done. Zoe slept well (about 11 hours) and we went to story time at the library. I didn't get any pictures of Zoe because another little girl kept trying to take away her keys (actually MY keys with a Hello Kitty keychain). So I was watching them both like a hawk. Zoe didn't seem tired but we left because I knew I had things to do around the house and errands. The little stinker fell asleep in the car so she must have been exhausted. I tried putting her down in her crib but she wasn't having it. She played in her crib for about an hour and when she started fussing I went to get her. So I let her play and then we ate lunch. I let her play again and put her down at 2:30 which is totally not her second nap time but I knew she was tired. She fell asleep immediately and I thought she would sleep 2-3 hours. Boy was I wrong. She only slept 30 minutes. I'm guessing this was because she was over tired. She fussed for 30 minutes so I went to get her. She played, got fussy and I tried to get her to go to sleep on me. We repeated this process a few more times. My saint of a husband brought dinner home and Zoe played a bit after eating before finally going down in a blaze of glory at 8:15. Whew- that was a longer story than I anticipated!

I'm happy to report that Zoe slept 11 1/2 hours last night, took a 2 hour morning nap and is currently taking her afternoon nap (YAY!). I tweaked the times a bit so I think that helped. We were on our way home from Target and I saw her dozing off so I found the most obnoxious music I could think of and blasted it. She takes after her father and I and is annoyed by rap and newer Madonna.


Happy girl after her afternoon nap!


It's getting more difficult to get a good picture now that she is walking so quickly! 


Silly girl after chasing Pixie around the kitchen table.


Today I tried out beachy waves. I don't wash my hair every day so this was a fun way to break up the monotony. 


Here is Zoe's mini haul from Target- Momma straw cup, monkey harness (Now that she is walking I would prefer for her to wear this in public. I don't care what you think of me. I would rather out my kid on a glorified leash than have her get lost or kidnapped), BabyGanics sunscreen stick (great for the diaper bag), Munchkin corner bath organizer, Boogie Wipes in grape (love these things).


And my mini haul- Revlong sparkly nail file, Goody Ouchless elastics (last time I tried to find these they had every color but brown so I bought I weird combo pack), Gud body lotion in Floral Cherrynova (LOVE this scent!), Rimmel Fix and Perfect Primer (I've never tried this before), and Pixi Wakeup Concealer.




Top: Yaya Clothing Club Co. | Similar
Shorts: Target | Similar
Sandals: Payless | Similar
Ring: Old | Save | Splurge


No comments:

Post a Comment