April 23, 2013

Sicky McSickerson + Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

Well, I think our sweet baby may have a cold. She had a tough time sleeping last night and my husband and I just assumed she was teething. When I picked her up from her crib this morning she had both a runny and stuffy nose. You know the kind, your nose won't stop dripping but you are forced to breathe out of your mouth. I think she was mostly annoyed with the boogie buildup because after I cleaned her up she was her normal bubbly self.


See? Sweet baby is all smiles while eating her breakfast- whole grain waffles. Normally she has blueberry waffles but we were out. After breakfast and a bit of playing I decided to put her down for her morning nap. I ate breakfast and caught up on the Real Housewives of Orange County during her nap. She only slept for 30 minutes compared to an hour and a halfmor two. She was sneezing a bit and that woke her up. So I let her play until it was time for lunch.


 She didn't seem tired so we played yet again. Then she got fussy so I held her on my chest and she fell asleep! This is a big deal because ever since we transitioned to her crib at 6 months she would never fall asleep on anyone (especially me) unless she was sick. She slept for over an hour and a half on my chest. During this time I got to watch one of my favorite shows- Sex and the City and one crappy movie- Because I Said So. She woke up in a GREAT mood. She was so excited to see Nick when he got home too but he noticed she felt warm. Her temperature was 100.3 and all the websites I consulted said that was still in the normal non fever range but I gave her some baby Tylenol anyways. She played with Nick while I made spaghetti, marinara sauce, lemon butter cream sauce (I adapted this version from the Pioneer Woman with whole milk and some flour), garlic bread, and salad. Nick and I ate our dinner first while Zoe's cooled off. Then I set her up in her high hair to eat her dinner and I whipped up these vegan chocolate chip cookies. No, I'm not a vegan but I love these because it's safe to eat the "raw" batter- no eggs! Plus, I always have the ingredients on hand, no melting or heavy duty mixing, and they only bake for 10 minutes (or not at all if you feel like eating cookie dough). If you decide to try these you have to shape the cookies because they don't fall flat like conventional cookies. So I just roll a ball and then flatten it on the baking sheet.


So that was our Tuesday! I didn't get to go to the grocery store but that can wait until my sweet girl feels better.


No comments:

Post a Comment