May 17, 2013

OOTD: Thursday

Today Zoe and I missed story time at the library. I dropped the ball but it wasn't the first and it certainly won't be the last time. I woke up when my alarm went off at 8, turned it off, looked at the monitor, and somehow fell back asleep. I usually can't go back to sleep once I'm awake but I obviously needed the rest because I slept for another hour. I woke to hearing Zoe play in her crib so we had another late morning. 
After Zoe's nap and lunch we went to get some things at Target. I planned on going yesterday but it was supposed to rain. It never did but the last thing I wanted was to be stuck in a downpour trying to juggle my giant bag, Zoe, an umbrella, shopping bags, and returning a cart. I stopped by the Starbucks counter and we set off to get the random items on my list. We found almost everything on our list in addition to a couple beauty products and Father's Day cards for Nick. 
For dinner I made my tried and true chicken roast. I use pre-packaged seasoning and cut up lots of fresh veggies and its SO good. The prep is the hardest part because after that you just throw the seasoning, chicken, and veggies in the oven for an hour. By the way, if anyone knows of a good recipe for the seasoning (from scratch) let me know! After dinner we played with Zoe and watched the series finale of The Office. It was a great ending to a great series. We own all the DVD's and its one of our favorite shows that we watch together. 
These two are actually from dinner last night.
Zoe wanted in on the shades of blue so I gave her a blue bow.

Today I wore shades of blue with my favorite peplum top. I actually wore jeans earlier in the day but was more comfortable in shorts. This outfit could be dressed up with skinny jeans and wedges but I was just running errands so I went for flats. Also, I couldn't find any similar shorts online. They were all cuffed or cutoff which leads me to believe the ones I wore today are out of style (in addition to being too short). What do you think is too short for a mom? Or do you think more along the lines of "if you got it, flaunt it?"

Top: Target
Shorts: Old | Want
Sandals: Old | Similar
Necklace: New York & Co.
Sunglasses: Old Ray Ban | Similar
Nail polish: Essie- Butler Please
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment