June 18, 2013

OOTD: Tuesday

Even though I still have a lingering cough I feel better each day- minus the cough and sneeze attacks. Zoe's morning nap was a normal time so I just had enough time to shower and all that. We got to eat lunch together. I called her pediatrician to reschedule her checkup and they had an open appointment an hour after I called. We had some errands to run first so everything worked out perfectly. Of course, baby girl is doing great. She got two shots and screamed at first but perked up when I picked out a Thomas the Train sticker for her. We stayed home the rest of the day because I never know how she will react to her shots even though it has always been good.
While Zoe was taking her afternoon nap and Nick was off getting a haircut I started dinner. I made my tried and true spaghetti and meatballs. Although I have yet to venture into making my own sauce from scratch (I will get there someday!) I make a great meatball. I use a really basic recipe but the possibilities are endless based on your preferences. Here's what I put in my meatballs:
1 lb. organic grass fed beef
1 organic cage free egg
2-3 slices bread (usually Mrs. Baird's)
About 1/4 cup finely chopped organic onion (any color will do)
Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
Um yeah that's it- pretty simple! I bake mine in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. The grass fed beef cooks much faster than corn fed beef.
After dinner Zoe pushed her corn popper around and played with Pixie. We let her stay up a little late to cheer on the Spurs. They are still ahead with one quarter left. Go Spurs Go! (BTW I purposely didn't wear a Spurs shirt today because the last time I wore one they lost. I do have a silver and black Spurs inspired manicure though.)
Zoe likes to take pillows off the couch and then she lays on them on the floor.
Zoe and Pixie (partners in crime). Notice how Zoe is carrying around my hand towels and has the corn popper balanced perfectly in the foreground.
I would apologize for my hair if I didn't take these pictures at the end of the day. But I won't because it has been a long (but good) day. Pixie also wanted to be in the picture with me.

Top: Old | Similar
Vest: Target
Shorts: Nordstrom
Sandals: Old | Similar
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment