September 9, 2013

Chocolate Croissants in Paris

View from the Eiffel Tower.
So sorry, so not a photographer.

A long, long time ago I took a trip to Europe and stopped in Paris. Of course, I went to the Eiffel Tower. After going as high as they would let me go I stopped for a snack. I don't remember how I decided on this but I picked out a chocolate croissant. And, oh my, that was the best thing I've ever had. It was probably made that much better by being at the Eiffel Tower but still- it blew my mind. I found a good substitute at La Madeline when I got home but what about those times when you are at home late at night and need a sweet treat? A few years ago I found a simple recipe online. Not a croissant recipe. If I learned how to make those I would weigh about 1,000 pounds because I can eat those things all day, every day. Here it is:
Ingredients:
1 can of crescent rolls
1 bag of chocolate chips
Simply unroll the dough into triangles, place chocolate chips on top of dough (I also mash them in a little), then roll into a crescent shape. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes until dough is golden brown. Bon app├ętit!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment