October 14, 2013

Breakfast at Tiffany's First Birthday Party

I know I am VERY late in posting this blog entry but I mostly wanted to share how I planned Zoe's first birthday party. Since it was her first birthday I selected a theme that I loved. I knew she would be too young to remember any of it and first birthday parties are typically for the parents and family. 
After searching online I knew I wanted a less traditional theme. I finally decided on Breakfast at Tiffany's. The movie has a special meaning to Nick and I and Tiffany Blue is my favorite color. This page was helpful in getting my planning started. After I set a date I ordered custom invitations from Etsy. I also ordered the coordinating thank you notes.
Party City was also a place I visited frequently to get decorations. I got Tiffany Blue plates, napkins, balloons, a table cover, serving bowls, and a customizable birthday banner. I also found disposable champagne flutes, cups, silver flatware, cupcake liners, a Z, O, and E candle, a cupcake tower, and some silver serving platters. Some of the random items I picked up were large, plastic diamond rings, ring pops, plastic diamonds for scattering, hanging paper flowers and Zoe confetti. I had a bunch of cheap, glass vases from various flowers sent to me and I spray painted those silver. I also spray painted a few mason jars which I filled with the flatware and straws. I filled the vases with fresh white hydrangeas and pink tulips. I also gathered all of Zoe's baby frames and placed photos of us in the hospital and her newborn pictures in the frames. I used these custom favor boxes from Etsy for the ring pops and also handed out Cracker Jacks. I used the Tiffany boxes I had as extra decorations.
I already had my LBD, Tiffany Blue pearls, heels, and black wayfarers so I just had to order Zoe's outfit. I ordered her a customized lace romper and tutu from Etsy. I ordered her a pair of black wayfarers from Teeny Tiny Optics. I found a small pearl necklace at Charming Charlie's and because she was not walking yet I bought her a pair of Mary Jane socks from Target. She wore a black bow to keep her hair out of her face and a tiny tiara that was a gift from my mom.
Because the party was after Zoe's first nap and before her second nap we decided to serve lunch. I knew this was not the time to be ambitious so the only thing I made were the cupcakes. I used an organic box mix of yellow cake and made the icing from scratch and dyed it Tiffany Blue. I also wanted Zoe to have her own smash cake so I ordered a Tiffany Blue box with a bow from Cakes by Gina. For lunch we served pulled pork sandwiches with white and whole wheat buns, prosciutto wrapped asparagus, fried green beans, mini quiche, chips, a veggie platter, tortilla chips and salsa, nuts, coconut chews, and mint Oreos (which happened to have Tiffany Blue filling). For drinks I made a Tiffany Blue punch and used a large beverage dispenser we received at one of our wedding showers. I added some sliced lemons to add some more color. We also had pink champagne with strawberries.
I also made a playlist that consisted of the Breakfast At Tiffany's soundtrack, Birthday by the Beatles, Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend by Marilyn Monroe, Single Ladies (Put A Ring on It) by Beyonce, and Breakfast At Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment