October 14, 2013

Mom's Birthday Weekend in Dallas/ Red River Rivalry


We have had an extra long weekend. Nick had Friday off and he took today off. We lounged around all morning and then we went to have lunch at Ephesus Mediterranean Grill with Zoe. 
Now onto our fabulous weekend away! My mom came in town Wednesday night because she had been furloughed. On Thursday we took Zoe to lunch at ZoĆ«'s Kitchen and then ran some errands and did some shopping. We ordered a pizza so I wouldn't have to cook or clean before going out of town. We left as early as possible on Friday morning for our drive to Dallas. We had a great drive with no traffic which was surprising for OU weekend. 
Sorry this one is so blurry but it's mom, Zoe, Will, Matthew, and Laila playing outside.
Sweet little Matthew and me!

Abby made us a great dinner of steak, baked potatoes, and fresh green beans. Will grilled the steaks for us. We all had a bit of red wine and bundt cake for my mom's birthday. The next morning we lounged around and ate breakfast. Mom, Will, Zoe, and Matthew went on a walk while the girls took that opportunity to shower and get ready. Abby put together a lot of yummy treats for us to snack on while we watched the game. Well, we mostly watched the game while watching the kids, putting them down for naps, etc.
Everything was orange and red!
The chocolate covered strawberries were made by Will and Abby and covered in orange and red sprinkles.
Of course we had to have red and orange mimosas!

After the game more naps were taken, there was some playing outside, dinner, and then we watched a movie.
Helping Uncle Will transfer all of Grandma's photos to a thumb drive. (The kids were literally on opposite nap schedules- generally only one was awake at a time. That is why I only have one of them both! :( My mom has more on her thumb drive and she will be emailing more to me so I can update this when I get them).
Zoe kept piling toys and things on Uncle Will's face.

On Sunday morning we made a quick trip to church. Uncle Will played with Zoe on the playground the entire time while us girl's enjoyed the service. After church we had to leave so my mom could drive home to San Antonio. The drive back was good even though there was some rain. I never feel like there is enough time in just a weekend but it was so good to see my nephew, Abby, and Will. We will get to see them next month and also the month after that and I'm looking forward to it!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment