October 2, 2013

September 2013 Favorites


1. Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino- YUM. That's all I have to say. The perfect blend of salted caramel and my beloved mocha frappuccino. I love this time of year and this drink makes it even better.
2. Emergen-C Raspberry- I took this at the beginning of the month when I suspected I was getting a cold. Turns out I was not (or the Emergen-C worked!) but I kept drinking a few packets a week. It's not organic (let me know if you know of something similar that is) but it tastes great. It's a great little immunity booster and it's so easy to mix. You can even add as little or as much water as you would like.
3. Sally Hansen Airbrush Leg Makeup- I headed to Target to find the spray version of this. When I saw the lotion I decided to try that instead. I am so glad I did. I usually manage to mess up spray products. This stuff does not hide every imperfection as people say but it does make your legs look very smooth. The texture is also great. It leaves your legs silky and the particular formula I got is waterproof. There is a tiny bit of residue that comes off onto clothing so I would watch out when wearing lighter colors or things that can only be dry cleaned. I would recommend that you get the light shade unless you have very, very, very dark skin. I say this because I have a great tan right now and the lighest shade was a bit dark on my legs.
4. Green & Black's Organic Milk Chocolate- It's no secret that I have a big sweet tooth. I don't buy a lot of candy because it's hard to find a good organic brand and if I always had it on hand I would eat it. So I tried this particular brand a few months ago and I LOVE it. For the record- I have had some of the finest chocolate in the world (hello Switzerland) and this is just as good, if not better.
5. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser- I have been using these for quite some time. I always have some on hand just in case. In case of what you might ask? Silver spray paint on hardwood floors, crayon on fabric, cereal practically glued to the floor, etc. It gets every mark off of the walls and makes the shower squeaky clean. I have no idea what it is made of nor do I care. They really are magic! They can be pricey but I have also found that Kroger carries a generic brand.
6. Talking Tom 2 for iPad- I have had this app for a long time. First Zoe loved it, then she hated it, now she loves it again. She loves petting Tom and slapping him in the face. She also loves it when I touch his feet and he says, 'no, no, no!' It's free and it can entertain her for a good 10 minutes or so.
7. Phillip Lim for Target Handbags- I have posted a lot about these on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram but I am obsessed. I stayed up until 3 in the morning to snag these purses online. Basically, Target staggered the release of the bags so I ended up getting more than I originally planned. I ordered what I could and when the bags (and clothes) I actually wanted were available I bought those too. I am actually selling a large gusset tote in black and purple if anyone is interested. I ordered the large gusset tote (or the Pashli) in black and taupe for myself and the mini Pashli in taupe for Zoe. They are faux leather but I was surprised at how real they look and feel. I also bought the floral dress and Boom sweatshirt and I'm looking forward to wearing them.
8. Mossimo Denim Leggings- I got these either in July or August so they may not be available in all Target stores. Like most jeans they are slightly short on me but I like how they look. They are great with flats and booties and I know they will be perfect tucked into boots. They are a legging/jean hybrid. They are very stretchy but they are jean material. My favorite thing about them is their plain look. No labels, embroidery, holes, etc. I have my fair share of designer jeans and these fit right in. You can't beat great looking jeans for under $30. They have back pockets, a real zipper, and the front pockets are fake.
9. Mossimo Five Pocket Ponte Pants- Ok, last Target find. These pants are legging material, however, they are appropriate for wearing outside your house. Most leggings leave little to the imagination and some people (not me) do not believe they should be worn as pants. I am ok with using them as pants with a long shirt or tunic. Anyways, the material is not see through and it is thick enough to disguise certain lady areas so that you can wear a regular top with them. They are so comfortable. Like the jeans these have back pockets, a zipper, but the front pockets are fake. 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment