November 23, 2013

Baby It's Cold Outside

In case you couldn't tell by the title a cold front has come in (as well as preparations for Thanksgiving and Christmas). I kept Zoe home on Thursday even though she no longer had a fever. She was still sneezing a bit but nothing to be worried about. We received our holiday dresses as well as an early gift from Santa.
On Friday morning after the cold front rolled in I woke up with a sore throat (boo!). I'm not sure if I caught whatever Zoe had or it's just from the change in weather. Normally, I let it run it's course but we are going out of town for Thanksgiving and I don't have time to be sick. So I took a Zicam as soon as I had food in my stomach and downed hot tea with honey and lemon. I had soup the rest of the day (along with tons of snacks) and stuck to my Zicam schedule. So Zoe and I were stuck inside for another day. I wouldn't have gone out anyways because it was freezing AND raining. 
Today my throat felt a little better and I am still taking Zicam. I even felt good enough to pick up lunch from Zoë's Kitchen. Nick was kind enough to take my grocery list to the store- we will see how well he stuck to it.
In other news, little princess must be going through a growth spurt because she has been taking her afternoon nap. She has great timing so I have been taking a nap in the afternoon as well. Here are some pics of us staying cozy and warm inside and of Zoe's gift from Santa. 
P.S. You know it's cold when your hot natured husband is shivering under a blanket with the thermostat set to 70. 
 Things I shouldn't be doing- playing with the blinds edition.
 Trying to open her gift from Santa.
 Kisses for key.
 Zoe sitting in her gift from Santa!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment