November 4, 2013

October 2013 Favorites

1. Nubian Heritage Raw Shea Butter Lotion- I got this randomly at Sprout's with my mom. She was looking for a good moisturizer for Charlie because he has dry skin. We went to the lotion aisle and smelled all of the lotions. She found this one and liked the smell so I gave it a whiff. Apparently it is Frankincense and Myrrh. It smells like a very high end perfume would smell but it doesn't have nasty chemicals in it. I was hesitant to try the Shea butter because I thought it would be greasy but it is perfect. The lotion is very thick- so thick it is almost hard to get out of the bottle. But it absorbs flawlessly into my skin. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft.
2. Too Faced Chocolate Bronzer- I had been wanting to try this for a long time. When I saw the sample size in the checkout line at Ulta I had to get it. It smells like chocolate! It's so chocolatey I want to eat it! But in all seriousness it's a universally flattering shade for all skin tones. It's great for contouring and year round use because it is matte.
3. YSL Glossy Stain in Mauve Fusain- This was something I saw online and I was intrigued. A stain that looks glossy? I love stains because they last all day and I can layer whatever gloss I want to over them. I chose this purple color because I don't have anything like it. Although it is a bit drying (though not as much as other stains I own) it is very long lasting and glossy. I have a few sheer glosses I like to layer over it throughout the day. 
4. Tiny Toms- Zoe has gotten a few pairs of Toms as gifts and I love them! Not only are the cute, comfortable, and charitable they are the only shoes that don't result in tears. Zoe has so many cute pairs of shoes that just aren't functional because she curls her toes up and arches her foot as best she can. She's still too young to understand that walking anywhere but our house means wearing shoes. So the Toms have been a lifesaver for both of us.
5. Kendra Scott Harlow Necklace in Slate- This story starts out with my mom and I shopping again (don't all the good ones?). She was returning something at the jewelry counter which meant I got to browse with Zoe. I found my way to the Kendra Scott area and was looking through necklaces and bracelets. Since I wanted to expand my collection but also get something versatile I got the necklace in slate. I have a pair of earrings in that color and they go with just about any color. It's a great necklace to dress up jeans and a shirt or it can look just as good with a nice dress.
6. Pureology Colour Fanatic 21- Another thing I read about online. I absolutely love everything Pureology makes so when I saw that my hairdresser was selling it I had to snap it up. I always have a good 3-5 leave in conditioners on hand. My hair can get super dry from coloring and heat products. I also think genetics plays a big part in it since my hair is curly. There are actually 21 benefits listed on the bottle but I will spare you the details. It basically does everything. It is a spray bottle which I think can be a little tricky, especially since I think it's easy to overdo it. Other than that it's perfect!
7. Pita Chips- I have tried a few different brands in the past month. I don't know why I'm so late jumping on the pita chip bandwagon. Probably because I hate hummus. So I like to eat these alone between meals. Zoe loves them too!
8. Method All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner Limited Edition Beach Sage- I normally use Seventh Generation surface cleaner but I was out so I picked this up at Target. I almost wish I didn't pick out the limited edition because I love the smell so much. It does a great job at cleaning surfaces (mostly used in my kitchen) and it doesn't have that typical cleaner smell. I just wish Method made a disinfecting wipe. Update: While searching for the link to this I found out that Method does make a disinfecting wipe! I will be on the hunt for it next time I'm at Target.
9. McCormick Gourmet Creamy Parmesan & Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Penne- I have had this in my pantry for quite some time. I always had a few of the ingredients it called for but never all of them or any good substitutions. One day I decided to get the ingredients and make it. Oh. My. Goodness. This stuff is amazing. Before I forget- make twice as much pasta as the package calls for. I am a sauce fiend and even I thought this was too much sauce for the pasta. We all loved it. Zoe and I ate all of the leftovers the next day too. I have made maybe one or two other McCormick packaged sauces but this one was spectacular. You have to try it!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment