March 4, 2014

February 2014 Favorites

My February favorites are pretty blah because 1) we were very busy this month, 2) I was sick the majority of the month and I badly injured a finger which actually made it hard to do a lot of things and 3) it's the shortest month of the year so there are less new things to try (if that makes sense). I will also add that as a personal goal I did not shop at Target (not even online!) for the entire month of February. And let's be honest, that's where a good 95% of my favorites come from. March is shaping up to be just as busy but, thankfully, I have my health back. As usual, some of these items have only been used minimally but I can tell they will be favorites.

1. No Nonsense Ultra Low Liner- I picked these up from Kroger because they were buy one get one free and who doesn't like free stuff? I'm so glad I did because they actually stay on my feet as opposed to all other no show socks I have. They even have a little padding on the back of the heel that helps the sock stay up. Oh and they are actual sock material and not flimsy like pantyhose. They were only 2-3ish dollars for a 2 pack (plus the free pack)!
2. Loft Striped Cotton Layering Tee- I'm so glad I got this shirt because I wear it all the time. I also got the short sleeved version. It is so versatile- it can be dressed up or down and it's very easy to accessorize. It's sold out on the Loft website but there may be some left in stores. I also snagged this on sale (I try not to buy anything at Loft unless it is on sale because they have them all the time).
3. Nars Lip Lacquer in Chelsea Girls- This is more of a sheer gloss than a lacquer. I still love it but the name is misleading. Anyways, this stuff lasts pretty much all day. It is a thick formula but not sticky or tacky. It comes in a little pot so you will need a lip brush unless you are ok with sticking your dirty fingers in it.
4. Benefit Erase Paste- Once you hit a certain age it's time to get some good under eye concealer and my drugstore usuals weren't cutting it. This concealer has a salmon tint which is good for those blueish dark circles. I love the formula because it is thick without looking cakey. It claims to be creaseless but it is not. It creases a tiny, tiny bit.
5. Pureology Fresh Approach Dry Shampoo- Can you tell I took a trip to Ulta? This was by the register (damn you impulse buys) and I had to try it. Just because I got tired of Pureology shampoo and conditioner does not mean I am tired of their styling products. This is your typical dry shampoo however, there is no white residue. There is a very strong scent to this (almost as strong as a perfume) but it fades after a few hours.
6. Bliss No 'Zit' Sherlock Breakout-Busting Rubberizing Mask- Another Ulta buy but this was not an impulse buy. Even though I have been using my Clarisonic AND a sugar scrub in the morning my skin was feeling just gross. I don't know if it's this crappy weather or what. So I was in search of something to purge my skin. I feel like I have tried every mud mask but this one intrigued me. It really does feel like rubber when it dries and it doesn't hurt when you peel it off. I will say I recommend using half a packet of powder each use. I used half a packet and it was more than enough for my face so I went back and put more in problem areas. The mask didn't feel particularly tingly or anything but did make my skin feel so soft and clean. It reminded me of using a Biore strip without the pain.
7. Jané Rider Stroller- This is actually something I won (and I NEVER win anything!) at the launch party of Bayou City Mamas. Like I said, due to being sick I have only used this stroller a few times but I love it already. It is so smooth and easy to maneuver. There are even little shocks on it so baby doesn't get jostled. The handle bar is adjustable (which is a must for us taller people) and the wheels are positioned so you won't constantly be kicking them. It came with a cool diaper bag that attaches to the handle bar as well as a clear, plastic rain cover. The seat can also face towards or away from you. I have already been looking at accessories for it- mostly the little stand so Zoe can ride standing up if she doesn't want to sit down. *Side note- if you are in the Houston area you should check out this group! The launch event was so much fun (we went to Build-A-Bear where we sang songs, played games, read, ate breakfast and mingled) and I'm looking forward to more. Everyone gets a little goody bag with the newest and hottest baby products and you are automatically entered to win giveaways.
8. Steve Madden 'Ecentric' Pony Hair Flat- I have been wanting these shoes forever! I finally took the plunge and ordered them online. I'm glad I did because they are so versatile and they go with almost everything. These shoes look great with boyfriend jeans and skinny jeans. I think they will also look cute for shorts when it starts to get warmer. They are great for me because I'm always chasing after a toddler. They are comfortable AND cute!
9. Drystyle Blow Dry Bar- I have been curious about this place for so long so I finally made an appointment. It's not like a regular salon where you can get color and a cut. You can only get your hair washed and styled (they also offer extensions and makeup). This makes it a very relaxing environment because you are only there for 30-45 minutes and someone else plays with your hair. Do you know what else makes it relaxing? Mimosas! My blowout is going strong at 4 days. I could probably stretch it another day but I won't chance it because I have plans tomorrow. Drystyle is located at 9727 Spring Green Blvd., Suite 700.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment