August 15, 2014

July 2014 Favorites

Wow this post is more than a bit belated so I'll just dive right in!

1. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Peek-a-Boo Cuckoo- Sometime this summer Zoe became obsessed with clocks (and watches which you will see below). She would point out every single clock and say "cuckoo clock!" Since we weren't going to spend hundreds (or is it thousands?) of dollars on a real cuckoo clock Nick ordered a kid version from Amazon. The clock is really cute! It plays music and there are buttons to push, levers to pull, things to twist, etc. Of course, there is a little bird that says, "cuckoo!"
2. Creatology Kinetic Sand- I randomly picked this up for Zoe at Michael's one day. She's a big fan of sand so I got this and a little plastic box to keep it contained in. It comes in all colors (we obviously picked up pink) and the texture is just really cool. It's almost like liquid. I even find it fun and relaxing to play with. Zoe loves making little shapes with the sand then smashing them. I also found some molds around the house for her to play with. I picked up the purple sand when I saw it go on sale.
3. Disney Kids' Minnie Mouse White Rubber Strap Watch- For our anniversary in June Nick and I got matching watches and Zoe kept wanting to wear them (that was a big no). So when he got the cuckoo clock he also got her this watch. She loves wearing it and we are hoping it will get her interested in learning how to tell time on an analog watch.
4. Veggie Straws- After I had the ranch flavor of these at our 4th of July block party I was on the hunt for more. After looking at Target, Kroger, and Sprouts I could only find the plain ones. I picked them up and they are officially Zoe's new favorite snack. She seriously went though most of a bag today. Really any brand is great. I also found mini bags at Kroger which are great to carry around in my diaper bag. (I did manage to find the ranch flavor when I was out of town at HEB.)
5. Alba Very Emollient Sunscreen Kids Spray Broad Spectrum SPF 40- Last kid related favorite! I am very picky about my sunscreen and even more picky with the sunscreen I put on Zoe. So when I found a non-aerosol spray, broad spectrum, no nasty chemicals, etc I snapped it up. It was on the pricey side but it has been worth every penny. It's not greasy, has a typical sunscreen smell, and they spray is awesome because it doesn't get everywhere. How can I tell it's working? Zoe hasn't had a sunburn or even the slightest bit of pink. I think she also got some of my good tanning genes so it's possibly a combination of the two!
6. Kinky-Curly Perfectly Polished Nourishing Hair Oil- Ok this one is another pool related favorite. I have had this oil for a while and occasionally use it but I have found an even better use this summer. Since Zoe and I go to the pool more often than not sometimes that means going right after I wash my hair. Instead of blow drying it I will leave it wet and coat my hair with this concentrating on the ends. The sun warms the oil up so it's like a hot oil treatment! After my hair air dries (which can sometimes take until the next morning) it is so soft and silky. It's also great for using as a shine serum on dry hair.
7. Pink Sugar Rollerball- I have been wanting to try this perfume for a while so on a lone trip to Ulta I sampled it and found the rollerball size. Since I have so many fragrances I have started buying the travel or rollerball size. This way they don't get old and stale. Like the name implies, this is a sugary sweet scent. The scent doesn't last as long as I would like and isn't the strongest but that is perfect for the summer months.
8. Pacifica Enlightened Lip Gloss in Beach Kiss- A few weeks ago Sprouts was having a great beauty sale so I picked this up. The color is very light and sheer with a bit of shimmer in it. The scent is sweet but not overpowering. The consistency is not too thick or tacky. I have found that it wears off pretty quickly but the tube is oversized so I don't mind reapplying.
9. Pacifica Hawaiian Ruby Guava Solid Perfume- This was another Sprouts sale find. I really love all of Pacifica's scents and I didn't have this one so I picked it up. Their solid scents are GREAT for traveling so I keep mine in the diaper bag at all times. After applying this to all my pulse points I run what's left through my hair. None of their products have alcohol in them so they won't dry out your hair. This scent is sweet with a little hint of citrus. Again, it doesn't last long alone but it can be layered with lotion and the spray perfume.
10. Kendra Scott Ellie Stud Earrings in Blue and Iridescent Drusy- Another Kendra Scott favorite- how original! Haha! I know I post about this every month but these earrings are the most versatile pieces I have. I had been wanting more studs and when I saw the drusy I knew they were mine. And so you don't think I'm crazy for buying two pairs at a time- my mom got me the blue pair. :)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment